Friday, February 15, 2013

New: Fun Friday Favs!

Big news... I've decided to start a Fun Friday post every week. I know, I know. Really Summer? A non-recipe post? That's what people with real blogs and tons of followers do. Who do I think I am? But I just feel that the 4 day break between my Wednesday and Sunday posts (I'm on a schedule, has anyone noticed? My family members still constantly ask if I've made any new treats lately... Um, yes?) So like I said Wed-Sun is just too long for me so I'm creating a regular Friday post too. Just because I can.

I'll keep them short and brief, so the 2 people that decide to read them can do it while they are waiting for their email to open. Or their Pop Tart to toast. In each of these posts I'm going to highlight 2 or 3 of my favorite things as of late. I'm not going to lie, these may be random because I have a lot of favorite things. So today lets start with some food items that are my current favs:



1.) Gummy Vitamins: Vitamins, who likes those things? The only ones I can handle are the chewable vitamin C's that taste like oranges (yes I have the heart of a 5 year old) But I recently decided that I need to be healthier and decided to try the gummy ones. These Things Rock.  It's been 2 weeks since I bought them and I haven't missed a day yet. That's got to be a new world record right? They are so easy to just pop in your mouth, it's almost like a treat. Unless you already have a strict vitamin regime, you need to go buy some of these. Just try it. You'll thank me. You're mother will thank me.

2.) Cookie Butter: I feel like with a name like that I need say no more. Anything that combines 2 of my favorite foods (cookies and butter) can only be a winner. But if you haven't tried this stuff yet let me explain. It's pretty much like someone took a graham cracker, a gingersnap, and a sugar cookie then blended them together to a frosting consistency. It's like liquid gold. I can't have it in my house. I'm currently "hiding" a jar from myself in the back of my cupboard. It's not working. But if you are stronger than me you can buy this stuff at Trader Joes.
P.S. get excited to see more about this stuff in my Sunday post.
P.P.S. they sell a "crunchy" version of this too... be still my heart

3.) Trader Joes Balsamic Glaze: Another Trader Joe's item (surprising because I actually rarely shop there) My friend recommended this to me and I am in Love with it. It's this thick, sweet balsamic sauce that is meant to be put on everything. You can put it on savory items like chicken or fish, or you can use it on sweet things like ice cream, or you can pour it straight into your mouth. It's this awesome contrast of sweet/bitter that makes things really pop! I do have to say if you don't like balsamic to begin with you may not love this (my husband, ahem) but if you do, I may have just shown you your new best friend.

Ok guys, that's it for today! TGIF!!!


2 comments:

  1. Cookie butter is my crack. Just saying... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look no further than a healthy plate of best organic rice! Because rice has low amounts of sodium, fat, and cholesterol, it is a great aid in reducing obesity. It's rich in nutrients and has no significant negative impacts on a person's health.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...