Friday, March 22, 2013

Fun Fridays Favs #5: PB Cereal

Ok guys, today is about one of my all time favorite things: cereal. But just to make it extra special, it's my all time favorite peanut butter flavored cereals. If you don't know by now, I have a serious love obsession with peanut butter. So today I bring you some of the best of the best according to my research.

1.) Reeses Puffs: Ok, best peanut butter cereal, hands down, no other applicants. Reese Puffs. You might as well eat a Reese Peanut Butter cup for breakfast with the amount of sugar in there, but man is it worth it. If I dare buy a box of this stuff it's gone in like 2 hours at my house (my husband loves it too)

2.) Peanut Butter Cheerios: So the peanut butter flavor/sugar level is obviously not as intense in this one, but I feel that the health factor makes it a strong contender. (considering I average about 2 bowls of cereal a day, this is a good thing) So this one totally hits the spot with me. They had a sale on these at my store a few weeks ago and I totally stocked up... read this as me buying about 6 boxes of it. I might have bought more but that was all they had left. The store clerk probably though I was nuts...

3.) Peanut Butter Captain Crunch: Flavor wise this cereal is actually pretty good. I just have always had an issue with Captain Crunch because I feel like it cuts up the roof of my mouth (I'm looking at you Quaker Oats test kitchens... can we remedy this???) But if that doesn't bother you, I highly recommend these babies. A definite peanut butter go-to.

4.) Peanut Butter Toast Crunch: This one I've only seen around for a few months now. I must admit it is a disappointment though. I can't place my finger on it. I'm not sure if there's just not enough peanut butter flavor.. or sugar..? If you're really in a bind and need a pb fix, go for it. Otherwise I'd recommend one of the ones above.

Now I'm just waiting for all my favorite cereals to come out with peanut butter lines. The obvious one is rice krispies, but how about a Peanut Butter Chex? Honey Bunches of Oats? Shredded Mini Wheats? Special K??? C'mon people!!!

Happy Fun Friday! Anyone doing anything exciting?

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! We usually have Reeses' Puffs in our house and they're definitely my husbands favorite! However Peanut butter crunch is a classic for every home! When I was pregnant I ate the peanut butter cheerios and loved them! A few months ago my husband came home with the peanut butter toast crunch and then I decided he wasn't allowed to go cereal shopping anymore (his trip included a few other poor choices... Golden Grams, and neon fruit pebbles that definitely didn't taste the same as the other ones) I love that we both have similar opinions on the last one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious - I'm the sole cereal buyer for our house since I take cereal pretty seriously (although I'm actually the sole grocery shopper in general...) And I'm glad you agree about those pb toast crunch - I still don't know exactly what I don't like about them...

      Delete

Tell me what you think! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...